"Capitol Cares" an initiative by Capitol Hospital to express care and love for yourself and your family and an opportunity to create awareness regarding importance of health screening and healthy lifestyle.
Department of Minimal Access Surgery
In this modern era, the Department of General Surgery has been redefined as the Department of Minimal Access Surgery (Laparoscopic surgery or Key-hole surgery). Almost all abdominal surgeries can now be done with the help of a laparoscope by using small key-hole like incisions instead of traditional large cuts on skin. The benefits of this approach include reduction in pain, speedy recovery, less blood loss and minimal/no scar on the body.
With state-of-the-art facilities, the Centre is associated with Cancer, Breast, Thyroid, Vascular, Trauma Surgery, Gastroenterology, Hepatoliliary (Liver, Gall Bladder, Bile Duct), Pancreas, Endocrine, Oncology, Paediatric, Bariatric and Basic Cosmetic Surgeries.
Common Laparoscopic surgeries performed in the hospital are:
- Gallbladder surgery
- Gynaecological surgeries – hysterectomy (removal of Uterus), fibroid removal, ovarian cyst removal, ectopic pregnancy, evaluation for infertility etc.
- Gastrointestinal perforation
- Acid Reflux (Heartburn) surgery
- Splenectomy (Spleen surgery)
- Colon and Rectal surgery
- Pancreatic surgery
- Minimal Invasive Procedure for Hemorrhoid (MIPH) / Stapled hermorrhoidectomy which is a pain free instant cure for piles superior to laser and cryosurgery and colorectal surgery including Anal Fissures and Fistuale
- Hi-tech Colour Doppler navigation surgery for varicose veins
- Keyhole varicose vein surgeries and keyhole breast surgeries
- Peripheral Vascular Surgery
- Thyroid surgery
- Laparoscopic Urachal Cystectomy
- Early diagnosis and cosmetically pleasing surgeries for hernias, appendix, hydrocoeles and varicoeles. Flap repairs for pilonidal sinus Biopsies Excision / Incision / CT Scan and U/S guided.