"Capitol Cares" an initiative by Capitol Hospital to express care and love for yourself and your family and an opportunity to create awareness regarding importance of health screening and healthy lifestyle.
The Department of Medicine and Allied Services is one of CAPITOL's premier department, bringing together cadre of clinicians, investigators and educators. The department is the backbone of the hospital and by means of various outpatient specialities is to provide not only therapeutic but also preventive care and lifestyle modification counselling. General Medicine or Internal Medicine is one of the department which is considered to be the base specialty and its assistance is sought by all super specialities.The consultant faculty comprises of highly trained physicians and ensure to deliver the finest continuity of care for patients.
The department is committed to superb patient care and cutting edge research. Our goals are to improve the health of our own patients, but also of the patients whom we will never meet. We do this by teaching other care-givers and advancing the state of medical knowledge.
The Department of Medicine and Allied Services is the backbone of the hospital and by means of various outpatient clinics provides not only therapeutic but also preventive care and lifestyle modification counselling. A dedicated team of experts provides preventive measures, early diagnosis and treatment of common disorders like diabetes, hypertension, bronchial asthma, hepatitis, allergy, infections and communicable diseases like malaria, typhoid, influenza, etc. Special services of the department are as follows:
Specialist diabetes services include:
- General Diabetes Clinics
- Diabetes and Pregnancy Clinic For Women
- Diabetes Nephropathy Clinic for diabetes-related kidney problems
- Diabetes podiatry clinic for people with diabetes-related foot problems that require specialist attention
- Cystic fibrosis- related diabetes - we provide input to the clinic run by the respiratory specialists
Specialist endocrine services include:
- General endocrine clinics e.g. for conditions relating to the adrenal, parathyroid and pituitary glands. We also offer some treatments for sexual function and fertility, as well as IVF.
- Thyroid clinics for conditions including overactive thyroid, enlarged thyroid (goitre) and thyroid lumps.
- Thyroid eye disease clinics for patients with eye problems associated with Graves' disease.