"Capitol Cares" an initiative by Capitol Hospital to express care and love for yourself and your family and an opportunity to create awareness regarding importance of health screening and healthy lifestyle.
CAPITOL HOSPITAL added one more feather to its cap with the commencement of the Department of Peripheral Vascular Intervention with Dr.Tejas Kalyanpur, Consultant Diagnostic and Peripheral Interventional Radiologist. Few services of the department are:
ALL IMAGE GUIDED BIOPSIES
- Lung, Mediastinal Abdominal biopsies.
IMAGE GUIDED DRAINAGES.
- Abscesses, post operative collections.
ALL DIAGNOSTIC DIGITAL SUBSTRACTION ANGIOGRAPHIES (DSA).
- DSA is gold standard compared to Doppler/CT angiography or MR angiography.
- Peripheral balloon angioplasty and stenting in Carotid, renal, iliac limb and below knee vessels in diabetes and atherosclerotic arterial occlusions.
- Intraarterial thrombolysis for acute peripheral vascular disease.
In hemoptysis post TB and bronchiectasis.
In postpartum hemorrhage.
Uterine fibroid embolization for menorrhagia or pressure symptoms.
In hematuria post PCNL or biopsy.
Transarterial chemoembolization for Hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Sclerotherapy for venous malformations.
- Intravenous thrombolysis for acute DVT.
- IVC Filter to prevent pulmonary thromboembolism in whom full anticoagulation therapy cannot be performed.
- Transjugular hepatic biopsy for diffuse liver disease for patients in whom risk of bleeding is high when done percutaneously.